Tuesday 6 November 2012

I just can't stop myself...


A friend, and Bradford Curry Club member, Pete's birthday, and an invite to his bash at Westbourne Spice in Otley.  An offer not to be missed, and surely an opportunity to just go out an eat curry... just for fun... just like the olden days.  You see, with Westbourne Spice being in Otley* - not Bradford -  I can take off my Bradford Curry Blogger t-shirt and just relax for the evening.


However, I just can't stop myself.


So here goes but, as with other posts on here for restaurants that aren't directly associated with Bradford, I shan't dedicate many column inches to their cause.  Westbourne spice is worthy of note though. 

The restaurant is sizable, clean and modern - and the trendy 'mood lighting' gives the whole lot a purple hue.  From what I could gather all the food was highly regarded. I initially ordered a lamb and spinach Balti, but was advised by the knowledgeable and friendly waiter to go for the Karahi version instead. Whether he was right or not, I don't know, but the dish served, in a searingly hot metal bowl, was delightful.  Just the right amount of heat, good meat count and generally decent texture to the whole dish, in that kind of modern deconstructed style.  It was an all round top notch dish.


For starters, I went for another staple of mine - Sheekh Kebab.  These were excellent too, and were full of meaty and spicy flavour, and come highly recommend.

So all in all very nice.  If in Otley, Westbourne Spice are well worth checking out I reckon.




* NB  Westbourne Spice is on Bradford Road in Otley, so kind of counts after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment